- Agricultural Production (AP)
- Agribusiness and Natural Resource Economics (Ag & NRE)
- Extension & Innovations (EI)
2) The School of Forestry, Environmental and Geographical Sciences
- The Department of Forestry, Bio-Diversity and Tourism (F, B &T)
- The Department of Environmental Management (EM)
- The Department of Geography, Geo Informatics and Climatic Sciences (GGCS)
3) The School of School of Food Technology, Nutrition and Bio-engineering
- Department of Agricultural & Bio systems Engineering (ABE)
- Department of Food Technology and Human Nutrition (FT&HN)
1) The School of Economics
- The Department of Economic Theory and Analysis
- The Department of Policy and Development Economics
2) School of Business
- The Department of Marketing & Management
- The Department of Accounting and Finance.
- Department of Planning and Applied Statistics;
- Department of Population Studies;
- Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
- The Department of Computer Science
- The Department of Information Technology
- The Department of Information Systems, and
- The Department of Networks.
- The Department of Library and Information Sciences and
- The Department of Records and Archives Management.
- Department of Social Sciences & Arts Education
- Department of Science, Technology & Vocational Education (DSTVE)
- Department of Foundations & Curriculum Studies (DFCS)
2) The School of Distance and Lifelong Learning (SoDLL)
- The Department of Open & Distance Learning (DODL) and
- The Department of Adult & Community Education (DACE)
1) School of Engineering
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering;
- The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; and
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering.
2) School of the Built Environment
- The Department of Architecture and Physical Planning;
- The Department of Construction Economics and Management;
- The Department of Geomatics and Land Management.
- The Department of Fine Art;
- The Department of Visual Communication Design and Multi-media;
- The Department of Industrial Art and Applied Design.
The College of Health Sciences was established on 1st December 2007 under the “Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act (Establishment of College of Health Sciences, Makerere University) Order, 2008. T
The college initialy started as a Faculty of Medicine in 1924, until 5th January 2008 when it was reconsittuted as a semi autonomous unit within the universty.
Vision: "To be a center for academic and health service excellence."
Mission: "We are dedicated to improving the health of the people of uganda and beyond and promoting health equity by providing quality education, research and health services. We achieve this by enhancing capacity and participation of stakeholders; strengthening systems and partnerships; and harnessing the power of new sciences and technology so as to build and sustain excellence and relevance"
The College comprises of four schools including
1) The School of Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Family Medicine
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Ear Nose Throat
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Radiology & Radio Therapy
- Medical Research Centre
- Reproductive Health Unit
- Department of Paediatrics & Child Health
- Department of Health Policy & Management
- Department of Epidemic& Biostatistics
- Department of Community Health & Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Disease Control & Environmental Health
3) The School of Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Medical Illustration
4) The School of Health Sciences
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Nursing Department of Allied Health Sciences
For more information visit the College website
1) The School of Liberal and Performing Arts
- The Department of Philosophy & Development Studies.
- The Department of Religion and Peace Studies.
- The Department of Performing Arts
- The Department of History, Archaeology & Organizational Studies
- The Department of Literature
- The Department of Linguistics, English Language Studies & Communication Skills
- The Department of European and Oriental Languages
- The Department of African Languages
- Journalism and Communication
4) School of Psychology
- The Department of Mental Health and Community Psychology
- The Department of Educational, Organizational and Social Psychology
- The Department of Sociology & Anthropology
- The Department of Social Work and Social Administration
- The Department of Political Science and Public Administration
- Department of Physics.
- Department of Chemistry.
- Department of Geology and Petroleum Studies.
- Department of Mathematics.
- The School of Bio-security, Biotechnical and Laboratory Sciences
- The School of Veterinary and Animal Resources
The School of Law attained College Status effective 1st July 2014, within the meaning of the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions (Management of Constituent Colleges of Makerere University) Statute 2012. Although a College, it retained the name “School of Law”.
- The Department of Law and Jurisprudence
- The Department of Public Law
- The Department of Commercial Law
- The Department of Environmental Law
- The Department of Human Rights and Peace Centre